Friday, February 27, 2009

Anti Monkey Butt Powder

My brother was nice enough to present me with this unique gift to help me get through long-distance motorcycle rides with minimal discomfort.

I wanted this "product shot" to be evenly lit from the front, and at the same time I wanted it backlit to provide some separation from the white background and to help lead the viewer' eye to the subject.

I placed the powder container on a piece of white poster board from the drug store. Two speedlite flashes bounced off reflectors camera left and camera right lit the front and sides. A third speedlite from above bounced off the white background to give the separation I was looking for.

In post processing I made minor tonal adjustments and increased color saturation and vibrancy in Photoshop CS4. Finally, I added a vignette around the outside edges to help keep the viewer's eye inside to image a while longer.

Question or comments?

-CG TTL